REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL:STRATEGIC PLANNING CONSULTANT
The Weston Village Business Improvement Area seeks proposals from
consultants interested in designing and facilitating a strategic plan process for the Weston Village BIA that will result in a 2018 – 2023 Strategic Plan.
Background Details on the BIA:
The Weston Village BIA, established in 1979, is situated in the north-west end of Toronto minutes from both the 401 & 400 highways, it is next to the Humber River with its extensive bike trail and walking paths. The Village has a rich and storied history, dating back to the late 1700’s with many historical buildings still remaining. Once a European enclave, we now have many people from the Caribbean with an ever- increasing number of immigrants from the African countries.
The business area currently reflects the cultural and economic diversity of the surrounding community and consists of an eclectic mix of over 180 stores, services and professional offices. With a revitalized GO train service and the Union-Pearson Express, Weston Village is 20 minutes away from both Union Station and Pearson Airport. In addition, a Cultural Hub, with a completion date of 2019 is being developed around our famous 38-year old Weston Village Farmers’ Market.
The Hub will consist of 8,700 square feet of space for arts programming and performances and will include a residential component consisting of 26 live/work spaces for artists as well as a 370-unit, high-end apartment tower. Two other major developments have recently been approved with many others in the works.
Desired Strategic Plan Outcomes
- Guide the Weston BIA through a full review and refinement of the vision and mission of the BIA.
- Develop strategic priorities for 2018 as well as a 5- year plan from 2018 to 2023.
- Establish tools: For evaluation (in consort with staff evaluator specialist) to assess progress towards achieving Weston BIA’s goals (i.e. key performance indicators, measurable outcomes etc.)
Desired Strategic Planning Outcomes
You will be required to produce a report at the end of each year and two final reports at the end of the 5-year period, one to be used as an internal document that outlines the Strategic Plan in full as well as an external document to be shared with stakeholders and the public as to our Strategic Direction.
- The proposed project timeline is from April 1, 2018 to March 31,2023
Please submit a proposal no longer than 3 (three) pages in length, plus one sample of a strategic plan you have delivered.
Proposals must be received before 4.00 p.m. on Monday, Feb 5, 2018
Please e-mail only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for Proposal Content
Your proposal should be presented in a conceptual, high-level format, with the understanding that the actual scope of work will be refined after consultant selection. The BIA envisions a plan in which a sub-committee (made up of key stakeholders in the area as well as a member of the board of the BIA) will be formed to work with the chosen planner to help flesh out the vision for the area.
Specific Proposal Contents
- Name of firm
- Name and contact information for the consultant (s)
- Description of experience and qualifications
- Indication of availability during project period
- Statement of Work: brief response on approach to the project scope
- Cost proposal, including hourly rate
- A rough working schedule for the process
- At least three references (does not count towards three-page proposal limit).
For more Information
Marion O’Sullivan, Coordinator, Weston Village BIA at: